How will this course help me?
This online course covers the content in Level 1 and 2 awards and then goes into more detail on a wider range of mental health conditions, and the support and help provided by healthcare professionals. You do not need to do Level 1 or 2 in order to do Level 3.
You will learn:
- What mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for Mental Health
- How to provide support and start a conversation with someone experiencing poor mental health
- Know how to recognise and manage stress
- Understand the impact of substance abuse on mental health
- The First Aid Action Plan for mental health and how to put one in place
- How to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace
- Understand a range of mental health conditions and behaviours and the support/therapy provided by professional healthcare providers