How will this course help me?
This online course covers the content of the Level 1 course but also expands on the effects of drugs and alcohol, incorporates the First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan and covers ways in which a positive mental health culture can be supported in the workplace. You do not need to do Level 1 in order to do Level 2.
You will learn:
- What mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for Mental Health
- How to provide support and start a conversation with someone experiencing poor mental health
- How to recognise and manage stress
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions and behaviours
- The impact of substance abuse on mental health
- The First Aid Action Plan for mental health and how to put one in place
- How to implement a positive mental health culture in the workplace